Our jewellery collection is primarily made of sterling silver 925 and 18k gold-plated sterling silver, which is handcrafted and requires delicate handling.
Please be aware that our gold-plated products are just that – plated. This means that the base is of sterling silver, plated with a thick layer of 18k gold. We cannot guarantee how long the gold layer will be in impeccable condition, as it depends on how it is worn and handled. Avoid direct contact with water and chemical products e.g. soap and perfume.
Some of the Jewellery is oxidised, which makes the surface dark. This is not a permanent condition and the dark colour will be worn away by daily use. The dark colour will be most visible and sometimes permanently in furrows and depressions of the jewellery. This provides a depth in the jewellery and the look that is desired.
Please note that jewellery that contains pearls requires you to try to prevent the pearls from being exposed to water, makeup, creams, chemicals and cleaning agents. Pearls cannot withstand silver polish. Do not use a silver-polishing cloth as it may dull your pearls. Instead, we recommend mild soap mixed with lukewarm water. Use your fingers to gently clean your jewellery. Do not use a brush. Pat dry and lay flat until completely dry.
Here are a few recommendations for you to take good care of your jewellery:
1) Never expose your jewellery to any kind of liquids and always protect them against make-up, perfume, body lotions, chemicals etc.
2) Remove your jewellery before swimming, bathing, doing household chores, gardening or performing sports activities.
3) Protect your jewellery from knocks, scratching, direct sunlight and extreme hot or cold.
4) Avoid impact with hard surfaces, and do not yank or pull the chains.
5) Keep your jewellery carefully stored and separated in the box provided when not in use. We advise you to keep wood and silver separated in the boxes.
6) If you want to clean the jewellery, use a soft toothbrush and mild soap. Avoid chemicals.
7) Plated jewellery may be cleaned by gently wiping with a damp towel. Avoid a direct impact on the gemstones.
8) Open rings, bracelets and collars are only slightly adjustable. Adjustments should be done very gently without using force or strain on the metal.
9) Be aware that long chains tend to be fragile, as they easily get stuck and may break.
If you receive a faulty and/or damaged item, you must contact us within 7 days of receipt at email@example.com. Our quality guarantee only covers manufacturing defects. 1 STOREY cannot be held responsible for defects due to Failure or damage caused by improper use or carelessness (e.g. cracks from adjusting an open ring too vigorously or frequently). Aesthetically changes, defects and damage due to normal wear/tear and ageing.
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions in relation to product care.